Friday, June 11, 2010

It's Coming..

I'm beginning to fathom why they call them the 'terrible twos.' I still think that a two year old is probably more terrific than terrible, but I'm developing a healthy understanding of the terrible part.
Noah turns two in a month (which by the way, is just plain crazy), and he is the best, cutest, sweetest, yummiest, smartest little boy I know. But with that smartness that I so love, comes a great deal of curiosity, which in turn leads to mischief.

In one day he...

  • Leaned up against a wet wall of paint, managing somehow to get it all over me too
  • Climbed onto our counter, grabbed a glass from our clean dishes and chucked it at the floor, shattering it into a million tiny pieces. Climbed down from the counter, walked in the shattered glass, cut his toe and left little bloody toe prints on the carpet. (All while I took an innocent and necessary trip to the loo.)
  • Drew all over our computer screen with pen.
  • Shoved his toothbrush down the drain in our bathroom sink, giving it a good clog.

Not an average day, but a day nonetheless. It's very unusual that we have a day when we don't have to go somewhere. We rarely have a day when we don't leave the house. This was one of those rare days, and a dreary wet one at that. Guess I should've anticipated him to go a little stir crazy. He's typically a pretty mild child, so I count my blessings:)

Bring it on TWO!

6 comments:

Lisa Moore said...

Could this have all happened on a day when Tanner was over? I remember Mom saying something about how they broke a glass. Tanner is generally a very well behaved boy but something happens when he gets together with another boy. It doesn't matter who it is. One good boy plus one good boy equals two naughty boys. It's a boy thing. Girls are much more dramatic and cry a lot, but they're less mischievous.

linda said...

That's crazy he could do so much "damage" in one day...If you think the two's are challenging-just wait until he hits three!
Age 2 is one of my favorite kid ages.

Steph H said...

Oh dear. What am I going to do when I have TWO that are TWO??

Dani said...

I found another rich and rach! you should be friends :)
http://smithluvbirds.blogspot.com/

Barb Johnson said...

aw Rachel, welcome to REAL motherhood! Someday, though, you'll look back very fondly on this time. And the best part? --- ya get to watch him grow up to be a dad, with a kid doing all this to him! Sweet!

By the way, the pictures Tracy took are darling! What a dang cute family you have!!

The Rubens said...

That's a lot of bad things from such a sweet innocent little boy. Can't wait to see you guys.