Friday, October 3, 2008

M.O.M.

Today is one of those days when all I have to do is make eye contact with Noah and he will inevitably give me one of his biggest eye-crinkling grins. The sound of my voice will make him giggle and squirm. It's days like this that make me feel like I don't give him enough attention, because he gest so excited as if he is deprived! But I really do my best, he just an unbelievably chill baby! Really, he will just sit and stare at me, watching me do whatever it is I'm doing, even something as uninteresting as typing on the computer (like this very moment).

Although, he is pretty good at letting me know when he wants some lovin'. He "yells". There really isn't another word for the little sounds he makes, very boyish sounds too. And they really just sound like yelling, only very quiet because his lungs are still pretty teeny. But it's funny the little combination of letters that come out, some of them actually making sense. Sometimes it sounds like he's saying "HEY!"

And that brings me to the point of this blog today. Today he yelled "MOM!"

It was the most amazing little sound I've ever heard, and it was totally by accident I'm sure. But I immediately whirled around and stared at him, and of course he gave me his best eye-crinkling grin.

If that doesn't warm your heart, I don't know what will.

6 comments:

Mari said...

That is so cute! And it must have been such a shock to hear.

The Rubens said...

Hey you cut your hair. It looks good. Maybe Noah's going to be one of those child prodigies that starts talking at 6 months and starts college when he's 5. Just something to think about...

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! I wish I could be there to see him!

Steph H said...

I still can't believe you're a mom, Rach. Does it still surprise you too? Crazy. How absolutley fun for you, though, that you are his whole world. Who's better than your mom? No one.

Marzan Mania said...

Thanks for the annoucement on Noah. He's growing so fast! We finally started a blog. If you want to check it out, go to marzanmania.blogspot.com.

Kelly Jean said...

I miss Rachel!! It's okay.. this probably just means you have a life :) HEY - wasn't it your birthday on the 18th? Hopefully I got the day right... either way, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! I love you Rach! You'll always feel like another sister to me :)