Friday, October 3, 2008

Premature

So yesterday morning the Lady on Fox 13 news (I think thats where I heard it) said that there was a storm coming and that all the rain and the wind was going to blow all of the leaves off. She said, and I quote, "This morning might be your last chance to sneak up and see those autumn leaves." So all day I am scanning the sky, praying that it doesn't rain before Rich can get home so we can "sneak up and see the leaves."
So we go as soon as he gets home, and I kind of feel like it was premature! I don't know maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was a combination of the gloomy day and just not finding the right spot. But we felt like the leaves just hadn't done enough changing yet, there was too much green. So that put me at ease. I feel like we've got atleast another week, maybe two!
All the same, we did capture some pretty cute pictures nonetheless.
Whoa! Does he not look like he's 4 months old! Sheesh!

3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Cute Rach!! I love your page, by the way! Yeah, Mother Nature better not skip fall. Or else.
And hey, my sister Nat's in town & is a photographer... so if you want to schedule an appointment with her, she'll be here for the next week & would looove to take your pictures!! No pressure though :)
http://simplycelebrate.blogspot.com/ (That's her site... and her email is happysmiles12@gmail.com)

Mandy said...

He is so adorable! Things sound like they are going good for y'all. Where are you now? We are in Virginia. WAY across the country. I am loving it though. Keep in touch.
http://curlyheadedbealers.blogspot.com
The kids still talk about y'all sometimes!

Steph H said...

I love, love, LOVE fall leaves! We took family pictures with Adam's family yesterday and so for the past week I've been driving by every park to see if the leaves are vibrant enough to take pictures there. I agree with you-- I think we're still a couple weeks too early. Most things were still green. And the most vibrant trees I did find were on busy streets in front of houses (excuse me, can we stop traffic for a minute and stand in the middle of the road for our family picture?). Luckily we found one little spot of fall. I love it.