Friday, February 6, 2009

Confession

When it comes to cracking an egg, I am hopeless. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I made something involving an egg and I didn't have to pick a shell out. It's kind of embarassing seeing as this is a skill we were supposed to have mastered in 8th grade homemaking. I must have been in denial all these years, but I have finally come to the realization that this really is a simple skill that I should be able to do. Especially with my recent aspiring ambitions to become a great chef.

So, I must be doing something wrong. I know I know, theres nothing to it right? What is there that I could be doing wrong? Well I ask you, do you have to pick out egg shells every time you crack an egg?



If you know a secret please let me in on it. Maybe I should take video of myself cracking an egg and post it for critiques.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I am just as hopeless. Gable gets a kick out of it. He cracks a egg against another and that works for him, just not me.

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

I just crack mine against another egg and it's perfect every time:) Good luck!

Lisa Moore said...

I'll have Sydney come over and give you lessons. Hee hee! J/K But that really is her favorite part of making anything and she's pretty good at it. The lady on her kids cooking show said to crack it against the side of a bowl, then put in both thumbs thumbnail-to-thumbnail and nuckle-to-nuckle, and pull apart. Good luck!