Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy LOVE Day!

Valentines Day Morning Rich surprised me with a bouquet full of...candy! Original huh? I thought so. Saved us a bit of money as well. It was really sweet (literally! hee hee!). He also got me a couple of great chick flicks to add to my collection. We Spent the day being totally lazy and sleeping in, and then we spent a couple of hours delivering Valentines to our friends and family. I had made some yummy goodies for the occasion, both of which I forgot to take pictures of, which saddens me greatly. I like to have my work documented. But I swear that my chocolate covered strawberries looked just like this!(okay so not exactly like this, but honestly I did try all those fancy things with the coconut and the nuts, both milk and white chocolate. I got kind of crazy. And even though they weren't quite as perfect as these ones, the idea was the same and they were deliciouse)


I also made these really yummy little treats that I don't know the name of, but we'll call them 'Deliciouse Salty Sweets' (because thats what they are). All you do it put a bunch of pretzels on a cookie sheet on top of wax paper. Set a kiss on each pretzel and put the them in the oven at 200 degrees for ten minutes. When you take them out the kisses will still have their shape but they will be all gooey. Then you take M&Ms (or any candy I guess, but I like M&Ms because there are usually M&Ms the color of the upcoming holiday) and squish them on the kisses. Then put them in the freezer until the chocolate is hard.
I'm sure you could come up with a million variations of this, but it's really yummy and in the end they look like they took a lot more work than they did!

Later in the day Rich made me a DELICIOUSE steak dinner!He's pretty much a wiz in the kitchen.

He we in charge of dinner and I was in charge of dessert. I know I already shared a "recipe" but this cake was SO good and SO easy that I have to share. I got it off studio 5...
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Ingredients:

2 small (3.4oz) packages French vanilla instant pudding

1 package graham crackers

3 cups milk (don't use skim milk)

8 ounces Cook Whip (don't use fat free)

1 (16oz) container milk chocolate frosting
Method:

Add the milk and pudding, stir, and fold in the cool whip.

Grease a 9*13 pan with butter and layer graham crackers along the bottom of pan. Use 1/3 of the pudding mixture and layer on top of the graham crackers.

Continue the layers until there are 4 graham cracker layers (grahams should be on bottom and top) and 3 pudding mixture layers.

Warm the Container of frosting for 30 seconds in the microwave, or until slightly runny. Poor frosting over last graham layer and spread with spatula.

Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours (overnight is best). You can also freeze the cake (making it a little better for presentation)


We wrapped up the day watching the movies Rich bought me. It was a perfect, relaxed, and comfortable day. Thanks babe for the best LOVE day ever! XOXO

4 comments:

Pays said...

I love chocolate eclair cake...so delicious! We are going to be doing another girl's day in March, Jedda will be in town. If you would like to join us, we would love to have you. Also, you need to get on facebook and join all of us :)

Steph H said...

It's so great to have a laid back day, that's kind of a gift in and of itself! How nice to have someone cook for you, I love that about my husband too. I'm going to have to try all your sweets recipes!

Kelly Jean said...

Ah, how cute & fun!! What movies did you get?! I love that gift. Annnnd I love your new blog facial, by the way :)

Jedda said...

I can't wait to try that cake! Thanks for the recipe!