Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kitchen Complaints

I've learned something about myself. I've noticed that the cleanliness of my kitchen directly effects my mood.
Do you ever have those really busy weekends when Monday rolls around and you're looking at a pile of dishes that began accumulating on Thursday? And you see, I don't have a dishwasher. So when I'm staring at a counter that is piled high with almost every dish we own it kind of gets me down. And I have to accept that this project will likely take all day, what with Noah clinging to my leg and screaming and me frequently running out of room on the drying rack.
When I have a bunch of dishes soaking in my sink and my stove is cluttered with dirty pans, I don't have much motivation to cook (or let be honest, I don't even have the motivation to make a PP&J). So without that motivation I scavenge for something quick and easy to ebb my hunger, and I ussually come up with something really clever like that half eaten bag of chocolate chips:)
So I end up eating crap all day and in turn feeding crap to my poor child and then I end up feeling like a terrible mother and a fatty.
So, you see... whatdaya do whatdaya do...

1 comments:

Dani said...

I am so the same way! I end up eating what we like to call "brownie breakfast" (left over desert from last night) often since it requires no cooking, plate, or utensils.
Greg miraculously has saturday off tomorrow so Ive made it my goal to clean the kitchen so we dont have our precious weekend ruined by dishes!