Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where's Noah....Here he is!!!

I would like to begin this post with my sincere apologies. For those of you who know me or Rich at all, you are probably (hopefully) aware that we have had our baby a couple weeks ago! A beautiful baby boy whom we named Noah Brett Poulsen
I apologize that it has taken so long for us to put up any pictures (especially to those of our friends who have moved recently and are probably wondering if I am really 2 weeks overdue. Thank heavens that is not the case), I really don’t have a reasonable excuse for this other than I’m not really good at this blog thing yet, and I just couldn’t muster up the desire to figure it out, I’ve been a little preoccupied.
I’d also like to give a shout out to my little brother Nathan who has recently entered the MTC and will be serving in the Arcadia California mission. I want him to know that I’ll be blogging for him! (My mom prints out the recent blog posts of any of our family member and sends them to him each week so he’ll know how everyone is doing) I send a special apology for him although I know he has already seen pictures of our little boy. And I want him to know how proud of him Rich and I are. We love getting your emails each week and we love you!


This is Noah on his birthday (July 19th, wow how time flies!). He was a healthy 8 pounds 10 ounces, 20 inches long with a 38 centimeter head. Everything went great during the 12 hour labor. I was a much more emotional experience than I was prepared for, he is such a little miracle. We couldn’t be prouder parents!
Here he is waving hello to the world! It might not be evident in this picture, but he was born with very large hands and feet. He has since grown into them a little bit and then don't look so odd, but this kid is cut out for something great. Famous basketball player...cellist...
I believe this is him on his second day of life, or maybe his third, I'm not sure I just know we were still at the hospital. Isn't it amazing how much they can change in such a short amount of time! Look at how much his little birth-mark has faded!
He's giving a little wink, what a heartbreaker.
This is him on his original due date, the 24th. Looking even older! He was pretty much sleeping all the time at this point, but look at that double chin developing! I'm predicting he's gonna be a little chunk!

This is him a few days later, I'm not sure how many. He's probably about a week and a half old in this picture. Rich and I have decided that he definately has my mouth, those distinct curvy lips, I hope those work out for him...


There just simply isn't anything sweeter than a baby, and I have to say I think we've produced the cutest one (sorry to anyone who has ever had a baby, but we win). I could just watch him for hours, and I do. I just marvel as I watch him learn and take things in. I can't help but wonder what he's thinking and how his brain works. It's so fun to interact with him, I didn't think babies could really interact so young, but his little personality is very evident. He already has all these funny little quirks. Rich and I are so blessed, and I love being a mommy!

11 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

Cute post, Rachel! And an even cuter baby boy! You must be loving this... I know Zak & Kate sure are. Hopefully I'll get to see him while he's still a "little bunchkin."

Dani said...

He is so adorable! I cant wait to see him in person. Congrats guys, we are so so happy for you!
(and jealous :-P)

Sarah said...

He is a handsome little boy! Congrats on the cutie!

Mari said...

Yay! Pictures! He is soooo cute, I can't wait to see him in real life. Eeeee! I'll allow him to have the cutest baby award until I have one of my own someday. I loved seeing the video of him too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Holy cow, I never noticed how much he looks like Rich! He totally has his face structure. What a little cutie pie.

Pays said...

Congrats you guys! He is soooo cute. We are super excited for you. Enjoy every moment because they grow so fast! Rachel you look great as well!

Kelly Jean said...

Oh my gosh! What a little angel! Ah, I'm so so happy for you guys!! Glad you love being a mom. :)

Gable Moffitt said...

Congratulations you two! He's way cute, and I can't think of two better parents!

tracy layne said...

Oh Boy!!! COngratulations you two! He is the cutest, most perfect little boy! I love that little face, he looks very much like a mixture of you two! Jon and I are thrilled for you! Enjoy parenthood!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the three of you!! You all look great! Gable was looking from a distance and ask what you were holding. Ha ha! Got to love it!