Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I know, I am so SO crafty

Here is the other new addition to Noah's room. It's my new thing to just come up with new ways to decorate his room because I have absolutely nothing to do with my time.

Just kiddin', I keep myself pretty busy, but this is something I love to do so I make time for it. Actually, I made this as a model because we are doing this with our 'Activity Days' girls this Thursday, and we wanted to be able to show them what the finished product looks like.
It's another really easy one. All you do is cut different size blocks out of 2x4s. Lightly sand them and paint/stain them whatever color you want (I painted them brown). Cut out some paper and modge podge it onto the wood. For the letters I used my cousin's cricket machine and just had them cut out of brown paper. Thats the easy way, but if you don't have a cricket, I'm pretty sure they sell individual letters at the craft store. You can even buy them made out of chip board or wood. Modge Podge the letters onto the paper covered blocks, and then add a few embelishments! Ta-Da!
Special thanks to my mom. She did all the wood cutting and the cricket cutting. We love those Activity Days girls together!
(next time I blog I will try to write about something non-crafty, but I make no gaurantees. I'm brimming with ideas:)

4 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Can I borrow your brain?

The Holmgrens said...

Those are very cute!!
P.S. You knew Marcie got married right? She's lives here in Logan, working on her Masters, doesn't have a blog but is on facebook, I see her once in a great while but last time we saw each other we vowed to be closer friends again, but still neither of us have called to hangout

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

THat is way too cute! I would love to do something like that for Charlie's room, but 7 letters seems a bit much....I guess I could use smaller blocks:)

Steph H said...

Remember those awesome LOVE letters you made me for my wedding?? Remember how I LOVE them!!! You are so talented!